Wellington Waterfront, New Zealand
Landscape Architects –Wraight + Associates
Architects – Athfield Architects Ltd
Project Management – Wellington Waterfront Ltd
Illustration – Stantiall Studio
Client : Wellington Waterfront Limited
Project Status: Completed
- Provide open space annex to the new Wharewaka building.
- Provide a variety of open space opportunities.
- Improve water access to the lagoon.
- Provide comprehensive connections to the broader waterfront area and adjacent city fabric.
- A high amenity assembly and recreational space;
- A contemporary setting for the new Wharewaka building with highly visible connections to the lagoon and harbour adjacent;
- A vibrant and highly connective promenade network;
- Flexible seating terraces for event and daily uses
- Cultural + historical connections – grove of Karaka trees expressing Iwi ancestral connections and revelation of the old sea wall and extension of its alignment through the adjacent plaza.
- Waterfront palette of robust urban materials that communicate the site’s working port history.