Mount Victoria Garden
Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand
Landscape Architect : Wraight + Associates
Client: Private residence
Project Status: Completed
Set in the upper slopes of Mount Victoria, Wellington, this garden renovation harnesses the opportunities offered by steep hillside topography.
- To simplify and improve access from the street to the newly renovated house.
- To create more useable and ‘livable’ outdoor rooms.
- The result is a playful composition of raked retaining walls, concrete stairs and flat terraces that reinterprets the old goat track that previously provided site access.
- An ‘origami’ of slatted timber retaining walls fold and weave their way alongside a new concrete stair which terminates at the new terraced lawn adjacent the house.
- Flexible outdoor living spaces with spectacular harbour and city views.
To further information about this case study, please Download Here