Wellington Indoor Community Sports Centre [WICSC]
Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand
Landscape Architect : Wraight + Associates
Architect : Tennant Brown Architects
Engineer : SKM
Illustrations : Stantiall Studios
Client : Wellington City Council
Project Status: Completed
Located at the confluence of Troy Street and Cobham Drive, the new Indoor Sports facility commands views from across the harbour and along the length of Evans Bay.
- Provide a world class indoor sports facility for the city of Wellington
- Minimise the impact of the building on the neighbouring Kemp Street residential properties.
- Capitalize on the site’s prominent harbour-side location
- A grand scale landscape that responds to, and draws upon, the scale of its context and the new sports facility it envelopes.
- Constructed terraces articulate the facility’s main entry, providing areas of activity, circulation and informal gathering space. Hardy coastal plants dominate the softworks scheme for this exposed and windy site.
- The facility’s main entry is signaled by a series of super-graphics inscribed on the terraces’ horizontal surfaces.
To further information about this case study, please Download Here