Redbank – Two Paddocks
Clyde, Aotearoa New Zealand
Landscape Architect : Wraight + Associates
Stone Mason : Leon Kiel
Client : Two Paddocks
Project Status: Completed
Redbank was formerly a ‘crop and food’ research farm located near Clyde, Central Otago, in dramatic scenery and extreme climate conditions.
- Develop a master plan for the entire site and a detailed design for the winery and tasting buildings.
- Settle the new building and car parking area into this unique rural alpine landscape.
- Extrapolate and harness the site’s special character.
- Introduction of landscape interventions at key moments within the broader site that generate a transitional experience from the public road network to the site’s interior, illuminating the site’s special character.
- A ‘Public face’ to the tasting rooms incorporating visitor car parking and outdoor seating area.
- Re-use of existing resources from the site – e.g. stone
- Establishes a consistent site-wide palette of materials that is employed to create compositions responding to specific site conditions and character